CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ciudad de Humo

So I guess the agricultural process of choice in Argentina is still the slash and burn method. My bus ride/walk home the other night ended with me smelling like a camp fire.
I would have usually enjoyed this smell if I had spent my night hanging with friends around a campfire, but I did not. Buenos Aires is being attacked by smoke from the North. Roads are closed.
Tonight I went to an English Club to help teach. It was fun, and even better I was able to speak mucho Spanish despues.

I also have an opportunity to volunteer with a group called Fundacion TEMAS. Some of the times conflict with school, but it should be manageable. It is nice to be in contact with some type of organization, I have attempted a couple times before. I also had an interview with an English Institute for a job the other day. They did not have any openings for me as of now, they need some more advanced students that just need conversation classes and practice with a native speaker before the need me. Atleast I am on their list though.

Met a Peruvian, Columbian, and two Misioneras (girls from la Provincia Misiones) tonight at a Campus Crusade thing. It was very cool. This was after the English Club. I will be attending this ever friday night.

Hasta pronto, chau...

1 comments:

yo said...

well, this used to be a nice city. long long ago.