CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Get Lost in Patagonia

This past week has been amazing.  I've had the great opportunity of traveling through southern Argentina with my sis, Kate.  I cannot get enough of la naturaleza that one can find in Patagonia.  Although our plans have not gone as planned, it has been perfect so far and I am sure we will continue to be amazed by God's wonderful earth.

We have met amazing people, seen amazing views, had amazing conversations, and have had many great laughs.  I am so blessed.  I don't deserve any of it, but I am very grateful for it all.  

It was also really exciting and fun to show kate around Buenos Aires and what my life has been like for the past 5 months.  The night she came over to have dinner with my host family, protests broke out in the streets towards the conflict between "el campo y el gobierno" (the farmers vs. the government).  This "cacerolazo" or pot banging form of protest has been used a lot since i have been here, and my señora Georgi and her son Joaquín took us to go check it out before dinner, quite an experience.  I wish i could post a video but im stupid and cant figure it out.  so if you really want to see it just go to youtube.com and search "cacerolazo 2008 callao."  Callao and Sante Fe are two main streets in Buenos Aires really close to my house.  

Anyways, Buenos Aires was last week and we just arrived to Puerto Madryn which is a city next to the Valdes Peninsula.  We were going to see penguins we thought, but they have left for brazil.  So i guess penguins migrate too, and they migrate north, and they swim, weird to think about.  But it is whale season, so we will get to see some huge southern right whales, hopefully.  Got to go and hope to post some more pics from Puero Madryn or whatever else happens on the rest of our trip!




 






0 comments: